Copyright 2010 Greta Musland

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rally- to bring into order again; gather and organize or inspire anew.

Greta and I heard back from an agent in Colorado, although she isn't able to represent us, she did send us an edited version of "Blackberri's Bacon Cookies" along with a few pointers.  It was difficult to read some of the criticism, but as a writer and an artist you have to be thick skinned.  We are back to the drawing board (for Greta, literally) to revise our first book.  I have to admit there have been several times when I've been ready to throw in the towel.  Yesterday, my sister sent me an article written by Kathryn Stockett, the author of The Help, apparently she received 60 rejection letters before her best selling book was published.  The article was the perfect wake up call for me.  Time to blow the dust off my laptop, this book isn't going to write and illustrate itself! -Heather